Pests, such as rats, flies, spiders, and others can be a real threat to us and our home. Besides them being super creepy they also carry many dangerous illnesses or diseases. Hiring pest control park city is a great way to get rid of pests. If you decide to hire pest control park city services, here are a few things you need to do before the treatment.
Services that are offered by a pest control company will primarily include things like termite treatment, bed bug treatment as well as cockroach control treatment. The truth is, it’s not entirely up to the pest control company to fully get rid of pests, there are steps that you should also be doing. For example, before you start your first pest control treatment you need to make sure that your clothing, food, and other things are stored properly. Once the pest control treatment is complete, there are steps and precautions that you can take to make sure you won’t run into another pest infestation in the future.
Steps To Take Before The Treatment
Before your appointment, you need to make sure that all the large furniture and appliances are moved away from the corners. This will make it easier for the pest control company to do their treatment. It’s important for them to get to the corners because that is where pests thrive the most. This can also keep your furniture safe in case any pest control chemicals end up spilling.
2. Furniture And Clothing
Make sure that all your clothes and jewelry are put away in something that can completely cover them. Once you cover your clothes and jewelry make sure that you put them away in drawers or somewhere where the chemicals can’t get to it.
- Remove all your sheets from the bed and store them away.
- Cover your furniture including sofas and dining table with plastic wrap.
- Put away all your food in containers
Pets are very sensitive to the chemicals that get used during the treatment. It would be a good idea to take your pets to a friend’s house while the treatment is in progress.
- Put your pet’s toys and bedding away so that chemicals don’t get on it
- Take your pet to the vet and get them a flea and tick treatment to protect them from pests.
- If you have a fish tank, then make sure that the tank is covered well with plastic wrap.
- If you need the bathroom sprayed as well then you need to make sure that the bathrooms are completely empty.
- You will most likely need to replace your toothbrushes, razors, and floss after the pest control treatment to prevent you from getting poisoned by the chemicals.
What To Do After The Treatment?
Now that you learned about what you need to do before the pest control park city treatment, here’s what you should do after the treatment? These before and after treatment tips are highly recommended and they can ensure that you have a successful treatment.
- You should wait a little bit before you return back home.
- Throw away any food that was left outside during the treatment
- Don’t clean your house right away, wait at least 48 hours.
- Repair leaks.
- Keep checking for pests.